Strolling through the Phinney Ridge and Greenwood garage sales today, we were struck by the sense of community and people-helping-people for the neighborhood. From the flea market at the Neighborhood Center, to the multitude of homes teaming to sell their excess “stuff” – often for a charity – it was a great day for Phinney Ridge and Greenwood. After an awesome brunch at Pete’s Eggsnest, here’s a few photos from the day.
For most original garage sale – this family offered a free, interactive preview of their sock puppet parties for kids. It was a fun idea, with tons of enthusiasm – might be perfect for our next birthday party. Socko visits a variety of schools, preschools, and kindergartens around Seattle.
All in all, a great day around Phinney Ridge and Greenwood.
Our best finds were:
* Rain boots for kids – $2
* Winter heavy boots for kids – $5
* Car wax orbital polisher – $5
* Mountain sleeping bag – $10
* Rokenbak toy set – $5
* Daughter loves her giant pink stuffed kitty-cat from the girl scouts – $1
* Hello Kitty t-shirt with monkey logo – $1
* Unlimited fun and community – PRICELESS.